When your Starbucks barista pours you that first cup of delicious morning coffee, you may not even be aware that it contains Dihydrogen Monoxide, a chemical compound known to cause death in both children and adults.
According to DHMO.org/facts.html, the leading authority on Dihydrogen Monoxide (aka DHMO), this unique chemical compound is both colorless and odorless, making it really easy for Starbucks (and other coffee houses) to infuse it into our daily cups of coffee. Although you would likely notice if it was missing, you need to ask yourself if it is worth the health risk??
Dihydrogen Monoxide has been known to be an essential part of acid rain, which can cause harm to both vegetation and wildlife. Dihydrogen Monoxide is also the main ingredient in many fertilizers that are used for agricultural purposes. When DHMO comes into contact with certain chemicals, it transforms itself into acids over time! Dihydrogen monoxide is often found in aquatic environments where water collects naturally (lakes or rivers) because DHMO dissolves easily when it’s exposed to air.
Dihydrogen Monoxide – Silent, but Deadly
Also referred to as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Dihydrogen Monoxide comes from the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species that has been shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters.
The atomic components of DHMO are commonly found in many caustic, explosive, and poisonous compounds including Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine, and Ethyl Alcohol.
And, yes, it is IN your Starbucks coffee!!! And just so Starbucks doesn’t feel singled out, it is also commonly found in Dunkin Donuts and Tim Horton’s coffee as well. In fact, it’s become such a common additive that it is almost impossible to find a coffee house that doesn’t use DHMO – as shocking as that might seem!
Here are just a few of the potential dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide (Source: DHMO.org):
- Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO
- Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage
- Gaseous DHMO can cause serious burns
- Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals
During a recent study, DMHO was found in EVERY SINGLE CUP OF COFFEE that was tested!
That’s right. You might be enjoying your favorite Latte, or a cup of coffee to go along with a big slice of birthday cake and not even realize that you’re ingesting Dihydrogen Monoxide!
This fact is not readily disclosed to the consumer because – without it – your coffee would not look or taste quite the same. Want to find out how much of a difference this potentially deadly compound makes to your Starbucks coffee, next time try specifically requesting “No DHMO” with your order so you can find out for yourself!
Are coffee retailers putting sales above their customer’s safety???
Leading coffee houses, from Starbucks to Dunkin’ Donuts and even the Canadian-owned Tim Hortons franchises do not disclose that this potentially dangerous chemical compound is being ingested with every sip of coffee.
Dihydrogen Monoxide is used as an additive in coffee because Dihydrogen Monoxide adds to the flavor of your favorite coffee without increasing the amount of caffeine or sugar.
And if you think you can avoid this chemical compound by simply cutting out coffee, you’re dead wrong! DHMO can be found in a wide variety of food and beverages including iced tea, beer, soda pop, juice drinks, and even wine.
Yes, you read that correctly, even wine contains this deadly compound!
But it is Starbucks that many people estimate uses the most Dihydrogen Monoxide each and every year. And they are hoping that the casual consumer won’t realize that they’ve just purchased a cup of coffee that has been contaminated with significant quantities of this chemical compound!
And it’s not limited to commercial coffee houses. Home-brewed coffee, including coffee made by the popular Keurig machines, infuses DMHO into your brew without you even realizing it.
When you think about the other ways that Dihydrogen Monoxide is used, do you really want it in your cup of coffee??
Here are just a few examples of how this chemical compound is used today:
- Dihydrogen Monoxide is used in the production of Styrofoam & various Pesticides & Herbicides
- Dihydrogen Monoxide is used as a cleaning agent in most commercial car washes
- Dihydrogen Monoxide is considered a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation
- Dihydrogen Monoxide is used as a balancing agent in many public swimming pools
And now comes the really, really important part.
April… you guessed it… FOOLS!
This post is a bit of a social experiment, partly to show how easily “facts” can be twisted to create a scare-tactic meme for internet consumption, and partly to see how many people are willing to share this type of misleading information without checking the source.
This Post is 100% True, According to Snopes.com
Snopes.com has verified that every cup of coffee you drink does, in fact, contain Dihydrogen Monoxide.
That’s because Dihydrogen Monoxide is the technical name for water, a very important element in your cup of coffee. Without it, you’d just be sucking on coffee grounds.
And water, in varying forms, has been known to cause death. In fact, it is the leading cause of drowning-related fatalities. Prolonged exposure to frozen water can cause tissue damage. And water in gaseous form (aka steam) can really hurt when skin is exposed to it.
Water is used to create Styrofoam and many, many, many other products. And a car wash without water wouldn’t do a very good job.
So, go ahead, and enjoy that cup of coffee and every drop of Dihydrogen Monoxide in it!
And while you’re enjoying your coffee… share this post with your friends and see who catches on.
1 thought on “Health Alert: Starbucks Coffee Contains Dihydrogen Monoxide”
LOL – You had me for a minute!!!
Comments are closed.